Welcome to the Atlanta WikiEdit
Atlanta Wiki is a collaborative website that's all about Atlanta and North Georgia! We have edited 23 articles since July 2009, and we could use your help!
Atlanta is home to a lot of places and stories that help define the Southeast. It played a very big role in Sherman's March during the Civil War, it was home to the 1996 Summer Olympics (the 100th Anniversary of the Modern Olympic Games), and it is home to places like the Georgia Aquarium, which is the largest aquarium in the world; the World Of Coca-Cola and the CNN Center, home to the Cable News Network, or CNN.
- The World of Coca-Cola moved into a new building in 2007, right next to the Georgia Aquarium.
- Some people propose building the Outer Perimeter about 50 miles outside of Atlanta?
Dunwoody is Metro Atlanta's newest city. Incorporated in December 2008, the city was devastated by a tornado in 1998. The city has many points of interest, such as Perimeter Mall, one of only 3 malls with a MARTA station; Dunwoody High School, Dunwoody Library, and "Brook Run" Park. The city's police department began service on April 1, 2009. Dunwoody, GA is also the hometown of American Idol host Ryan Seacrest.
Archived Feature Cities can be found here.
How Can You Help?Edit
- If you live in Greater Atlanta, or visited, or if you just have some good ideas, sign up for an account. You may edit anonymously, but doing so displays your IP address in the public database. Signing up provides you IP protection, as well as special attribution for your work.
- Visit the Help pages for some help.
- Contact any of the administrators if you need more information.
Don't forget to HAVE FUN!
New chat Edit
I have set up an IRC channel if that's fine with you here it is
I'll need to learn how to work Java